How to Manage your Diet in Different Seasons?
- Mar 04 21
- Health Tips
Most of you might follow a certain diet plan to achieve your fitness goals and ensure you stay healthy throughout. However, experts recommend that there needs to be a constant change in your diet plan to bring the most effective to your body weight. One of the main aspects which needs to be considered is how there is a changing eating pattern noticed in the different seasons of the year. In summers, eating habits are quite different from what they are in the winters. There are certain reasons for that but none of them should be enough to lead you away from following a healthy diet plan.
Why Eating Pattern Changes in Different Seasons?
Our body adapts to the different environmental changes that go by, but we need to change our diet patterns too. In summers, people don't eat much and are more focused on fulfilling their water requirements. Many people don't eat throughout the day because they don't feel hungry. In addition to that, Summer is the time when many people avoid the gym and prefer winter, which is why there is a high requirement for food. Many people tend to eat fresh fruits, greener vegetables in summer because they fulfil the light eating requirements of a person. On the other hand, we see outdoor grilling and a high consumption of meat products. This is because people feel hungrier in the Winter Season.
There are other body factors as well which contribute to a changing pattern of eating in the different seasons. In winter, there is a seasonal rise in weight, blood pressure, and serum cholesterol which leads to excess morbidity in the season. Experts have concluded that since humans are warm-blooded beings, there is a requirement for eating high calorie and warm foods in the winters to maintain body temperature. For this reason, there is a higher demand for items like Coffee, Tea, and Soup in the Winters than it is in the Summers.
In seasons like Spring and Fall when the weather is moderate, there is an unexpected food intake. Due to the temperature not going to extremes, this is the season where there is an adequate amount of food intake. At certain times, a person may eat in large quantities while at other times, there might be a very low intake of food. As a result, these seasons are when most people have a moderate diet followed naturally without any kind of certain food intake practices.
Managing Diet in Summers
It is quite clear that there is a major imbalance in our food intake due to changing environmental conditions around us. To maintain balance, there are certain vital tips that you can follow to make sure you are following a healthy diet pattern.
- You must take care of water requirements in the month of Summers. Many people dehydrate themselves when they don't drink enough water. Experts also recommend that sugary drinks should be avoided in the summers.
- Since many people don't eat meat in Summers, they can fulfil their protein requirements in other foods such as Lentils, Pulses, Green Peas, Tofu, and all types of Beans.
- With major reliance on vegetables and light food, there is often a shortage of calories. To cover it up, make a habit of eating fresh fruits after every meal. Not only will this help in providing your body with essential fibres and multivitamins, but they will also fulfil the water requirements. Also, you can eat a salad with every meal too.
- Make sure that you maximize the usage of those vegetables which are the crop of the season. This is because they are very fresh and could provide you with maximum nutritional content.
- Excess of everything is bad and the same goes for a deficit as well. Instead of not eating eggs in Summers, you can simply shift to eating once every 3 days as it will help in compensating your protein requirements while not causing excessive body heat.
Managing Diet in Winters
We understand that people tend to eat more in Winters but the key to a healthy life is always moderation. Here are certain tips to manage your diet in Winters.
- If you feel hungry quite often, eat food but eat the organic ones. Don't go for fast food like Burger or Pizzas when you get hungry but try eating some natural items. Common examples include Sweet Potato, Corn, Dry Fruits, and Eggs. You can make a sandwich and eat it which will surely help you from staying away from food for the next couple of hours.
- Body Temperature drops very low and people who feel cold should take hot items regularly. An authentic chicken corn soup will do the job while providing you with sufficient calories as well.
- Make the Green Dish. Don't go all-meat in the Winters. Instead, get cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, and spinach. Mix them in a bowl with some common spices and add a tablespoon of flour. Make patties out of the mixture and fry them or even roast in an oven. This dish tastes even better if you try it out with sauces like the Tomato Paste.
- Don't overeat - Instead, eat with several gaps to avoid any intestinal problems.
Best Online Nutritionist in Pakistan
If you have more questions about how to manage your diet, it would be better if you consult an expert nutritionist who can advise you with relevant experience. HospitALL provides the platform where you can discuss with expert nutritionists like Dr Sahar Chawla, a renowned and expert nutritionist. She has years of experience and has been helping many in achieving their fitness goals by practising the right kind of diet. Have all your queries cleared and get a customized diet plan as per your body requirements. For further information or booking an appointment, you can visit www.hospitallcare.com or you can call us at the following number 03222555400.