Root canal treatment (also called endodontics) is intended to save the tooth and circumvent the extraction of the tooth. This treatment is needed when the blood or nerve supply of the tooth called pulp becomes infected. The infection of the pulp is a painful experience.
When Would I Need a Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment is only required when dental X-rays show that the pulp has been damaged by a bacterial infection. Root canal treatment is done to save teeth from the abscess. An abscess is an inflamed pus-filled area and can cause swelling of the tissues around the tooth.
Symptoms of Pulp Infection
The symptoms of a pulp infection include:
- Pain when eating or drinking hot or cold food and drink
- Pain when biting or chewing
- Loose tooth
- Facial Swelling
- Pus coming out from the affected area
- Color of tooth getting darker
- The first step in the procedure is to take an X-ray to determine if there are any signs of infection in a surrounding bone.
- Local anesthesia is used to numb the area near the tooth.
- A hole is drilled into the tooth and the pulp along with bacteria, the decayed nerve tissue, and related debris is removed from the tooth.
- Water or sodium hypochlorite is used periodically to flush away the debris.
Cost of the procedure
The costs for this treatment can vary from practice to practice so it is important to discuss charges and treatment options beforehand.
Questions You Should Ask the Dentist before Making an Appointment
Before undergoing a procedure, you should do your own homework. Here are some general questions you should ask your doctor before getting the treatment:
- Are you a certified dentist who can carry this procedure?
- Is root canal treatment painful?
- What materials are used to create dental root canals?
- What will my tooth look like after treatment?
- Will the tooth be safe after treatment?
- How do I care for my tooth afterward?
- Are there additional costs if there is an issue post-procedure?
- Are there any side effects of this procedure? If so, what are the typical symptoms?
- Is there any sort of guarantee from this procedure?
- What if it happens again?
- Ask to see previous work carried out by the dentist, allowing you to vividly see the type of work they performed.
- Ask for the reviews of his other patients too.
How to Find a Reliable Doctor for Root Canal in Lahore?
If the issue persists, then one should visit the dentist right away. Not getting the right treatment affects oral hygiene and further causes various issues.
We’ll help you connect with a certified and recognized dentist for the treatment. To get started, contact us so we can set up an appointment with a top dentist in your area.