Seach By City
The doctor that specializes in the kidneys and any diseases that affect them are nephrologists.
What they do
Some of the diseases nephrologists treat are:
- Kidney disease: When your kidneys are dysfunctional over time. You possibly not have severe conditions until the disease is more complex. But if your doctor diagnoses it early, medications and lifestyle changes may help you avoid more damage.
- Kidney failure: This is the late phase of kidney disease. If your nephrologist suggests dialysis (which purifies your blood with a machine), they’ll be in charge of your care. They may also recommend a kidney transplant. This is in general managed by a different team and a nephrologist who specializes in transplants. You have to keep seeing this person until your transplant and after.
- Nephrotic syndrome: This is a condition in which protein leaks into your urine. It leads to swelling of different body parts.
- High blood pressure: When your high blood pressure is hard to control, your nephrologist can help you.
- Polycystic kidney disease: A condition in which fluid-filled cysts grow in your kidneys. One they got bigger, they can cause damage and may lead to kidney failure. The condition may show symptoms like back or side pain, a bigger belly, and bloody pee.
Before getting started with kidney and related treatments, search the best nephrologist for yourself. You can book an instant appointment with the best nephrologist in your area on the HospitALL website. You can also call our CareALL helpline. Our dedicated CareALL staff is always there to help you.