Seach By City
A psychiatrist is an MBBS doctor who has a specialization in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness.
What they do
A psychiatrist is educated to tell mental health problems from other medical diseases that could cause psychiatric symptoms. They also work to improve your physical conditions (such as problems with the heart or high blood pressure), and the effects of medicines (such as weight, blood sugar, blood pressure, sleep, and kidney or liver function).
Psychiatrists help in the treatment of disorders like:
- Alzheimer's disease
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- sleep medicine
- eating disorders
- sexual disorders
- early psychosis intervention
- mood disorders and
- anxiety disorders such as obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Some psychiatrists are restricted to certain age groups.
- Pediatric psychiatry is the area of psychiatry that works with children to address psychological problems.
- Psychiatrists specializing in geriatric psychiatry work with the elderly population and are called geriatric psychiatrists or geropsychiatrists.
- Those who practice psychiatry in the workplace are called occupational psychiatrists.
- Psychiatrists working in the courtroom and reporting to the judge and jury, in both criminal and civil court cases, are called forensic psychiatrists, who also treat mentally disordered criminals and other patients.
For issues mentioned above, seek Psychiatrists for the treatment. You can book an instant appointment with the best Psychiatrists in your area on the HospitALL website. You can also call our CareALL helpline. Our dedicated CareALL staff is always there to help you.